Spice up your life with this zucchini fried rice! Try using seasonal veggies for this amazing vegetarian dish!
- oil or non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ c frozen veggies (corn, carrots, lima beans, green beans)
- 1 zucchini diced
- ½ c cooked rice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1½ tbs soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tbs parsley
- sriracha hot sauce
- dried chili flakes
- Heat a large wok or skillet over medium high heat. Add a small amount of oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Add carrots, zucchini, and garlic. Stir fry over medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add rice, half of the green onion, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the wok or skillet. Add eggs and stir until they are soft cooked.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with cilantro, the remaining green onion, and desired amount of chili flakes and sriracha.
This recipe is very forgiving so don’t feel conformed to follow it exactly. You can easily add more veggies or a protein to suit your taste. The key is having a very hot wok and all your ingredients ready before you begin. Enjoy!