ROLL OUT! I am obsessed with sweet potato right now and decided to make a summer roll with this nutritious root veg!
- 8 rice papers
- 3-4 oz of vermicelli noodles
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 medium green onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup pea shoots
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- pinch of salt
- soy sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- In a small bowl , combine the chilli flakes, garlic, honey, vinegar, and salt. Break down the chilis a bit and mix everything well.
- Cut sweet potato into long and thinner sticks (1/4″ thick) and slice green onion.
- Toss sweet potato and onion with the chilli mixture. Place on a baking tray and roast for 25-35 minutes- sweet potato should be just beginning to brown.
- Cook vermicelli noodles according to package. Drain hot water into a dish that is big enough to fit the rice paper.
- Set up your spring roll rolling station with the water, veggies, rice noodles, and a place to roll/cut each spring roll.
- Soak the rice paper for 10-15 seconds (you don’t want it too soft when taking it out of the water.)
- Place rice paper on a cutting board and load with rice noodles and veggies. Roll, tuck, and fold in sides as you go.
- Continue with remaining ingredients.
- Once done slice in half and serve with a little bowl of soy sauce.