Cold weather is fast approaching and this recipe will comfort your soul.
- 1.5 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 chorizo link
- 1 can mixed beans
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup , mexican spice
- In a large saucepan, add olive oil and start sautéing the onion, garlic and jalapeno.
- Secondly, add the chorizo. Make sure to brown the chorizo.
- Add the tomatoes and zucchini.
- Once browned, add the beans and stock
- Let simmer for 30 minutes
- Serve with rice and a simple yogurt sauce
Lime yogurt sauce:
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt (plain)
- squeeze of lime juice
- salt and pepper