With winter clearly taking over our souls; it’s a must for us to lighten up our grey days with this hummus recipe. This Golden Goddess Hummus recipe will be the sunshine and the much needed vitamin D that you have been craving during this rainy weather.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 garlic cloves (or more if you are trying to scare off some vampires)
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric (more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper (extra kick)
- 1 -3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Add drained chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, ginger, fresh turmeric, ground turmeric, salt, and cayenne (optional) to a blender or food processor and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more garlic or ginger for spice/zing, lemon juice for acidity, salt for saltiness, grated turmeric for earthiness, or cayenne for spice. I added a bit more ground turmeric, lemon juice, and salt.
- Serve as is or garnish with sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, or more spices. Parsley would also be a nice addition.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.
PAIRS very well with my cauliflower turmeric flatbread 😉