Curry Coconut Corn Chowder. I love making soup; any time of the year. Soups are a great way to use all your vegetables and they can be quit filling. I was inspired by South East Asian Flavours when making this soup.
- 1 pack crumbled vegetables from President’s Choice
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup frozen corn (preferably corn and jalapeno mix from President’s Choice
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- Start off by sautéing the onions and the garlic in a saucepan
- When aromatics are golden brown, add the package of crumbled vegetables from President’s Choice **
- When coated in the oil add the spices and coat once again.
- Add the sweet potato and water
- After add the coconut milk, let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using a blender, blend the soup until smooth.
- Add the frozen corn (the heat of the soup will cook it)
- Let it simmer for another 10 minutes
Enjoy with a sandwich or on its own 🙂
** I usually free my crumbed vegetables – they last longer but do not leave them in the freezer for too long or they will have freezer burn.