WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER
If you purchase your groceries at Loblaws (Queen and Portland Area); chicken is on sale 1.99/ lbs. This is a great meal prep recipe for a busy week and only take a few hours to make… (overnight if you are patient)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 cup olive oil
- juice, of 1 lemon
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- In a Ziploc bag, add all the ingredients for the marinade
- Add the chicken
- Shake the bag, and make sure the chicken is coated
- Let it marinate over night for the chicken to soak up all the yummy delicious flavour.
- Warm a grill pan or your barbecue.
- Cook the chicken through – I use a barbecue and/or grill pan because the honey on the chicken will caramelize
- Serve with a light fresh salad.
*** I cooked mine on the grill pan and finished in a preheated oven of 400 F ***