If you’re either entertaining your family/friends for dinner or your significant other OR YOURSELF – this vegan recipe is going to become a staple in your weekly meal prep.
- 2 cup wild rice, cooked
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 cup kale, chopped (small bites)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper, powder
- 1 tsp paprika, powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 acorn squash (medium in size)
- Optional: Nutritional Yeast, dill , pecans for toppings
- In a saucepan, add olive oil until it ripples.(this means it is hot enough) Add the onions and garlic.
- Once your aromatics are caramelized, add mushrooms, celery and apple. Sauté for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale and the spices and the cooked rice. Cook for another 15 minutes
- While the mixture is cooking, cut the squash in half and remove the seeds. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Fill the hollowed out squash with the rice and vegetable mixture. Bake for 40 mins @ 375 F.
- Once fully cooked, top it off with some nutritional yeast and crushed pecans