Chicken Soup for the Soul. This will be the best soup for the winter months. If you are on a busy schedule you can honestly chop all the ingredients and throw it in your slow cooker. Slow cookers have been saving my life lately…. especially with meal prep and starting a new job. Set it …. and Forget it
But don’t forget it – let it cook on slow and when you’re back home from work; your home cooked meal is ready!
- 6 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced even the leaves
- 1 red chilli pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 rotisserie chicken, deboned and shredded
- 2 cups farfale pasta, cooked
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper (to your preference)
- Prep all the ingredients; chop, dice, mince.
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker except the rotisserie chicken and noodles
- Set your slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours. While the slow cooker is just starting up, shred your rotisserie chicken.
- Cook pasta to al dente.
- After 8 hours, let the soup mixture cool and add the shredded chicken and frozen peas.
- In mason jars, add the chilled mixture and then top it off with the al dente pasta (we do this to assure that the noodles do not get soggy)
- Add some fresh parsley for some added freshness
- Enjoy with some crackers or grilled cheese of choice