Sometimes its much easier to make your own instead of going out to a restaurant. One of my New Years Resolutions is to be more financially accountable for my decisions. So spending less money on small meals that I can make from home is a way to become more financially accountable.
The only technical part of this dish is making sushi rice. Which from all my internet research; it just takes patience in the cleaning process.
- 1/2 cup crab meat
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp japanese mayo
- 1/2 cupTeriyaki Shrimp
- 1/2 cup edamame, peeled and cooked
- 1/2 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Garnish: Pickled Ginger
- Start off by preparing your sushi rice as per the instructions provided on the package. After the rice has been started, start prepping all your other ingredients.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayo and hot sauce; once mixed add your crab meat.
- Cook your shrimp in teriyaki sauce until fully cooked.
- Time to plate: add your rice to the bottom; add shrimp and crab meat with some avocado and cucumber.
- Finish off with some edamame, sesame seeds and a lemon wedge.