I headed to the Healthy Butcher without a planned recipe; walked in and purchased chicken wings… I started researching a bunch of recipes but many of them had way too many ingredients. The Cookie Rookie had the best recipe with under 10 ingredients; so I got inspired and made a few adjustments to the recipe.
Healthy Butcher is one of my favourite spots in Toronto to get all my meat products. You can find amazing meats, organic and sustainable products and an amazingly curated pantry.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter or margerine
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a baking sheet and dot with the butter, there is no need to melt it ahead of time but you can if you would like.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Coat both sides of each wing fully in the flour mixture and place on the baking sheet. Make sure the butter pieces are evenly spaced out among the wings.
- Bake wings for 30 minutes.
- Turn wings over and bake for an additional 15 more minutes or until crispy and fully cooked.
- Serve with your favourite blue cheese dip and celery/carrots.