There’s nothing better than a meat sauce! I have started cutting out carbs from my diet – so I decided to use zucchini as my “pasta” base.
- 1 lb ground beef, lean and locally raised
- 1 cup brown button mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes, cherry tomatoes/halved
- 2 tbsp basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup, red wine
- Start off by heating your pan, once heated add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add your ground beef and start browning
- Add your shallots, mushrooms and garlic.
- Add tomatoes, once blistered at your tomato sauce. I use a simple puréed tomato sauce.
- While your sauce is simmering, this is the perfect opportunity to make your zucchini noodles. I use approximately 2 zucchinis to make 4 portions.
- Once your sauce has simmered for 15 mins, add salt and pepper and your fresh basil.
Please note: this sauce tastes delicious on top of any pasta or pasta alternative