Cucumber, Carrot and Orange Salad….. this recipe is the epitome of spring/summer. The perfect accompaniment for spicy fish and chicken dishes.
This is a recipe you will not regret making.
- 1 large navel orange
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 English cucumber, shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler (about 2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler (about 1 cup)
How to make it
- Half Orange and squeeze membranes over a bowl to extract juice. Add oil, vinegar, salt, and cayenne pepper to juice, stirring with a whisk.
- Add shallots, cilantro, cucumber, and carrot; toss gently to combine.