OK OK OK ! So this is not my own recipe but it has to be shared. I follow Nicole Berrie (@bonberi) – every day and love everything that she is about. This is the ultimate salad and will be on repeat in your kitchen.
As my personal touch, I actually added some mini cucumber slices for some added crunch and freshness.
- 2 cups arugula
- ½ cup shaved fennel
- 1 head of radicchio, thinly sliced
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked overnight and then chopped
- 2 radishes, shaved
- 1 cup mini cucumbers, washed and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
- pitted Kalamata or castelvatrano olives
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup herby garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp Olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
FOR HERBY GARBANZO BEANS:
- 1 cup drained and rinsed chickpeas
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley (I am not a huge fan of dried thyme or rosemary so I used my own)
- 1 grated garlic clove
- juice of ½ lemon
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
How to make it
- In a large bowl, add arugula, grape tomatoes, bell pepper, radish and shaved fennel. Set aside. In a shallow pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add thinly sliced radicchio. Add vinegar and 4 tablespoons of water. Sauté until the radicchio begins to caramelize. Season with salt and pepper, set aside and let cool.
- In another bowl, add rinsed chickpeas, herbs, garlic and lemon juice and massage with hands. Season with salt and pepper. Add chickpeas to salad as well as sun dried tomatoes and olives.
- Once radicchio is cool, top with cooked radicchio and chopped parsley.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in small bowl and season with salt and pepper, pour over salad and toss. Enjoy!