- 2 cups sushi rice, cooked
- 1 salmon steak
- 1 bunch, organic local swiss chard (I purchased mine from a Farmer’s Market)
- 1 tbsp garlic chilli paste
- 1 knob ginger, grated (1 inch)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic chilli paste
- 1 tsp fish sauce
How to Make it
- Wash and prep all your ingredients
- In a small bowl, mix all your marinade ingredients together. Once mixed, set aside until time to bake the salmon
- In your rice cooker (or stove top), cook your sushi rice. [I prefer the texture and the taste of sushi rice] Make sure to follow the cooking instructions on the packaging.
- In a large frying pan, heat your olive oil. Once heated, add your swiss chard, green onions, ginger, garlic and garlic chilli paste. It’s best to cook down for 6 minutes until the leaves of the greens wilt.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, add your salmon steak, coat with the marinade. Sprinkle the sesame seeds.
- Bake the salmon for 20 minutes at 375F.
- When the salmon is cooked, you’ll notice it turn opaque. Make sure not to over cook it.
- Once everything is ready, plate together in a bowl. First the rice, then add the salmon and swiss chard.