Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner – this Salsa verde eggs dish will not fail! Basically like a Shakshuka but BETTTTTTTTER !
- 1 cup salsa verde ( or can use a store bought salsa)
- 2-4 eggs
- cotija cheese or feta
- green onions, thinly sliced, optional
- cilantro, optional
- tomatoes, thinly sliced, optional
- lime wedges, optional
- tortillas, warmed or crusty bread, toasted
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spray (or butter) a 10 inch oven safe skillet with cooking spray and pour in the salsa verde.
- Gently crack 2-4 eggs on top of the salsa. Season with salt and pepper. Place the skillet into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked, but the yolks are still runny.
- Remove the eggs from the oven and top them with Cotija cheese, cilantro and tomatoes serve immediately with warm corn tortillas or crusty bread.