Fall Fall Fall – the perfect pairing to any of your fall protein recipes. This has just enough kick to get you sweating but the sweetness from the apples compliments the spice of the jalapeno!
- 1 large sweet potato, washed and diced (1/2 inch cubes)
- 3 medium sized apples; washed and diced (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 small jalapeno; thinly sliced, ribs and seeds removed
- 1/2 white onion; diced
- 1 red bell pepper; diced
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup parsley; washed and chopped
How to make it
- Start off by heating your pan – I personally like to use a cast iron skillet
- When hot, add your olive oil. Once you see the olive oil ripple, add the onions and the sweet potatoes.
- After 5 minutes, add your peppers (bell + jalapeno) and the apple.
- When combined add your spices and cook the mixture down for about 10-15 minutes until the apples start to soften and lose their shape.
- When ready, add the parsley and serve with your favourite cold weather protein!