My first time cooking with kimchi and it definitely will not be my last. These will be a crowd pleaser at your next dinner party, family dinner or for yourself if you are simply enjoying a night in.
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 cup packed kimchi (7 ounces), very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh serrano chiles (including seeds; amount depends on heat of kimchi)
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions (from about 2 bunches)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- About 1/2 cup corn oil
Dipping Sauce: Sriracha Mayo 😛
How to make it
- Cut sweet potatoes into chunks and put into your food processor (about 6 cups).
- Process the sweet potatoes on “chop” until finely chopped
- Stir potato together with remaining ingredients except oil. Let mixture stand at room temperature until wilted and moist, about 5 minutes, then stir again.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Filling a 1/3-cup measure halfway full with potato mixture for each fritter and working in batches of 5 or 6, tap out into oil, gently flattening fritters with a spatula to about 1/4 inch thick. Cook until golden brown, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Add oil to skillet between batches as needed.
- Serve warm, with dipping sauce.