Hut 1, Hut 2, Hut 3… It’s Sunday and you want to be making this recipe for your tailgate.
I love using local items but sometimes I rely on store bought products to whip up a recipe. I always use Blue Menu canned goods
- 4 medium sized poblano peppers
- 1 cup shredded jalapeno havarti cheese (or whatever cheese you like best)
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- Greek Yogurt
- Grape Tomatoes
- Red onion
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to, or around 375 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil. Add onions, crushed tomatoes and black beans. Simmer for 10 minutes and add the taco mix.
- While your mix is simmering; place pepper halves or cast iron skillets arranging so that they fit well and aren’t falling over.
- Add bean mixture to each pepper half, being careful not to overfill. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes. It’s okay if some of the beans spill over the edges of the pepper, they’ll still be delicious!
- Once done serve immediately and top with tomatoes, onions, avocado and yogurt, if desired. Use a fork and knife to eat.
- Serves 4, 2 pepper halves each.