You will be making this recipe if you love to cook but hate doing the dishes. You’ll need a knife, a cutting board and a parchment lined baking sheet. The easiest recipe for all of you that have busy weeks and no time to slave over the stove.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts , sliced into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 1 of each red and yellow bell peppers, cored and sliced into strips
- 1 medium purple onion , halved and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 taco size flour tortillas
- Sour cream , avocado slices or guacamole, diced tomatoes, Mexican cheese blend (toppings are optional)
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray an 17 by 12-inch rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together chili powders, cumin, paprika, coriander, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper, set aside.
- Spread bell peppers and yellow onion onto baking sheet.
- Top with chicken strips then sprinkle garlic and seasoning evenly over chicken strips.
- Drizzle olive oil over top then toss everything to evenly coat. Spread into an even layer working to keep chicken from overlapping.
- Roast in preheated oven, tossing once halfway through cooking, until veggies are tender and chicken has cooked through, about 18 – 25 minutes.
- Serve filling warm in warm tortillas with desired toppings.