Original recipe, here. I made a few edits to make it my own recipe
- 1/4 pound shrimp, shelled, deveined, and rinsed under cold water
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons canola or vegetable oil, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Asian fish sauce, divided
- 1 bundle (about 5 1/2 ounces) dried rice stick noodles (see note)
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 medium onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and julienned
- 12 snow peas, stemmed, tough strings removed, and slice thinly on the bias
- 1/2 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, divided
- Kosher salt
- 2 scallions, sliced very thinly on the bias
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
How to make it
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and place in a small bowl. Add 1 teaspoon canola oil and 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce. Mix well and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain noodles in a colander, rinse with cold running water, then drain until dry. Using scissors, cut the bundle of noodles in half.
- Place garlic in a small bowl and add soy sauce, and remaining 2 teaspoons fish sauce. Mix well and set sauce aside.
- Return wok to high heat, add 2 teaspoons oil and heat until smoking. Add shrimp and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add onion and continue to stir-fry for another 30 seconds. Add red bell pepper and snow peas and stir for another 30 seconds, then add carrots. Add 1 teaspoon curry powder, season with salt, and cook, tossing, until curry is evenly distributed.
- 6.Wipe the wok clean again. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons canola oil over high heat until smoking. Add the rice-stick noodles and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the sauce and remaining 2 teaspoons curry powder. Stir until the curry powder is evenly distributed. Return shrimp, and vegetables to wok and stir-fry until everything is evenly combined, about 30 seconds. Season with salt and remove from heat. Add scallions, drizzle with sesame oil, mix well, and transfer to a large serving bowl. Enjoy immediately.