I got veggies on my mind and I eat them all the time. I am not fully plant-based but I do love incorporating at least 5 meals/week and it makes a huge difference.
Here’s the original recipe and I made a few of my own adjustments.
- 3 large sweet potatoes (garnet yams), halved lengthwise
- 7 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided, plus more
- 1 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss potatoes, 1 Tbsp. oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Arrange potatoes cut side down in an even layer and roast until beginning to soften and golden brown on the cut sides, 15–20 minutes.
- While potatoes roast, drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Meanwhile, pulse tahini, garlic, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 3 Tbsp. oil, and 1/4 cup water in a food processor until a smooth sauce forms. Add more water, 1 Tbsp. at a time, and pulse to combine until sauce is just thin enough to pour.
- Add scallions 2 Tbsp. oil, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper to bowl with chickpeas and stir to combine.
- Divide crumbled feta and tahini sauce sauce among plates. Top with potato halves. Spoon chickpea salad over and drizzle with oil.