- 6 chicken thighs, skin on
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup green olives, brine drained
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley, washed and chopped
How to make it
- Preheat your oven at 375 F.
- In a heated cast iron skillet or pan, heat oil and start searing your chicken thighs skin side down.
- Make sure the skin gets really crispy.
- Let cook skin side down for about 6 minutes, then flip and cook for 2 minutes
- Once cooked, remove chicken thighs from pan. Start cooking the onions. Add the harissa paste.
- Let the veg sauté for 5 minutes. Once cooked, add the chicken thighs back into the skillet
- Add the sliced lemons, white wine and olives.
- Roast in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Once ready, top off with some freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve with couscous or Middle Eastern styled rice