I’ve been trying to cut back on my sweet intake and this recipe hit the spot and are made with whole foods and nothing processed!
It’s super easy to make and will last up to a week in your fridge if you have eaten all of them within the first day
- 1 cup almond flour or coconut flour
- 2 1/2 cups almond butter (you can also use whatever nut butter that you like)
- 1 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans (or whatever tree nut you prefer)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
How to make it
- In a mixing bowl, add the almond flour, butter and maple syrup. Mix together until you get a bit of “cookie dough” like consistency. (if the mixture is too dry, add a few teaspoons of warm water
- Line a square glass baking dish with parchment paper and press the mixture. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, in another microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate and melt in the microwave for approximately 1 minute.
- Once the chocolate has melted add it to the top of your almond butter dough.
- Sprinkle the crush pecans and sea salt.
- Put it in the fridge for 1 hour – until solid.
- Serve warm or with a large glass of your favourite milk.