Original recipe is here; but I made a few changes to make it my own.
- 1 cup packed pitted dates
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup creamy salted natural peanut butter
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds (loosely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
How to make them
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form into a ball
- Place oats, almonds and dates in a large mixing bowl – set aside.
- Warm honey and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir and pour over oat mixture and then mix, breaking up the dates to disperse throughout.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an baking dish or other small pan lined with parchment paper so they lift out easily.
- Press down firmly until uniformly flattened – I use something flat, like a drinking glass, to press down and really pack the bars, which helps them hold together better.
- Cover with parchment or plastic wrap, and let firm up in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars (or 9 squares // as original recipe is written).
- Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. I kept mine in the freezer to keep them extra fresh, but it isn’t necessary.