This is the perfect sauce for any type of pasta, lasagna, stuffed shells and the list goes on!
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 lb ground beef, extra – lean
- 1/2 cup plum tomato, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 can tomato sauce (you can use pussata or your favourite sauce)
How to make it
- Heat a large saucepan, add olive oil. Once you see “ripples” in your oil; add the ground beef.
- Once the ground beef has started to brown add the onion, garlic, celery, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Cook down for 11 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce of your choice. Stir and incorporate. Make sure all the ingredients are coated in the sauce.
- Add the dried oregano and parsley. Stir once again.
- Let the sauce simmer on low, and add the lid. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once ready, serve with your favourite pasta or use it as a base of lasagna or baked pasta.