- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 apple, halved, cored, and sliced
- 1 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- salt and ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
How to make it
- In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, melt butter over medium. Add onion and apple; cook, stirring, until onion softens, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in red cabbage and season with salt and pepper.
- Add vinegar, honey, caraway seeds and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until cabbage is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and honey.