- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 medium onion, halved, cores removed & sliced thinly lengthwise
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carton Campbell’s® 30% Less Sodium Beef Broth With Red Wine
- 1/2 baguette
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese or Mozzarella cheese, grated
How to make it
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium-high. Add onions; cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring often, or until golden brown. Add chopped garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add broth and bring to simmer. Reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or until onions are tender.
- While soup is simmering, prepare baguette. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Slice baguette into eight 2 cm thick rounds; transfer to prepared baking tray. Top each round with roughly 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated cheese. Set aside.
- When soup is ready to serve, bake baguette rounds for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Portion soup into 4 serving bowls. Carefully float 2 baguette rounds in each bowl. Rest 5 minutes before serving for baguette to soften slightly.