- 4 Granny Smith Apples (or whatever apple you have on hand)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (or water)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cup rolled oats / oatmeal (quick cooking is ok)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup / 125g unsalted butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Peel apples, then cut into 1.5cm/ 3/5” cubes.
- Place apple in a bowl. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon, then pour over lemon juice. Toss, then spread out evenly I’m a 1.5 litre/1.5 quart baking dish.
- Place Topping ingredients in a bowl. Mix until clumps form, like wet sand (see video). Spread over the apples, crumbling with fingers if required to get that crumbly topping.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove, cover loosely with foil to keep warm and let stand for 10 minutes before serving (let’s the apple filling come together).
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!