- 20 oz sliced beef rib steak or sirloin tip steak
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g Udon noodles
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ sliced celery
- ½ slice red bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- Green onions, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Roasted sesame seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup mirin
- 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp water
How to make it
- Marinate the beef with 2 tbsp of soy sauce for 30 minutes.
- Cook the udon noodles according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- In a non-stick pan or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and stir fry for 4-8 minutes or until liquid from the marinade had almost evaporated and the beef is browned.
- Add the vegetables and sauté for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked udon noodles. Transfer to a plate.
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar and mirin. Let boil, then add cornstarch mixture, stir and cook until thick.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and cooked beef and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions, if using.
- Serve and enjoy!
TIP: you can sub the meat for tofu if you are looking to making this a plant based recipe