The coolest spot when the weather is hot! Prince Edward County, you stole my heart. I headed there for a little weekend getaway for my 27th birthday and I am now planning my next visit.
FOOD = AMAZING
PEOPLE = EVEN MORE AMAZING
I visited a few of the different towns within the County from Waupoos to Wellington and South Shore and everything in-between. So thankful to former co-workers that gave me the best suggestions! I tried to cover everything in 3 days!
I curated a little list of spots that we visited, drank at and stuffed our faces. ALSO most locations in the county are dog friendly (BONUS FOR US WHEN TRAVELLING)
TIP: if you are headed there within the next few months; please make reservations as it is busy with the new social distancing protocols
BREWERIES & CIDERS
- Located in Waupoos, County Cider Co. by far has one of the best views in the county….. and also the best chicken wrap which is to die for. The tasting was delicious and so easy to follow. They are also known for some of the best pizzas that I have ever had in my life.
- Dog Friendly!
- Beer and Pretzel fans; this is the place for you.
- Located in Wellington; this place was a short walk away from our little cottage. We had dinner and a pint and I can’t complain! Such yummy food from fish and chips to a shrimp roll with chips.
- One of the owners is from Belfast, GB and let me tell you they truly know how to make cider there. Bought two bottles to bring home and had such a great time. They are also dog friendly!
- The Winery was not open due to COVID but we picked up two bottles of Act Natural and we loved it! Reasonably priced and to die for! Easy online process to ordering!
- A gorgeous property with roosters running the show outside. They have an amazing and easy online store. If you don’t have time to visit; order and drop by to pick up your order.
- A large barn is the home to this winery. Since COVID-19 is happening, they have relocated everyone to outdoor tables for tasting. DOGS ARE ALLOWED…. i repeat; you can bring your pup with you.
- Pét Nat and Supersonic are their best wines – I’ve had in a very long time. You can pre-order online!
COFFEE & TREAT & EATS
- I had the pleasure of working as a hostess at Carbon Bar when Chef Hidde ruled the kitchen! When I heard that he opened a restaurant in PEC; it was must for us to visit! Food cooked on flame; this cooking technique goes back to the prehistoric basics of cooking with a simple element. 5 stars all around!
- MEXICAN FOOD THAT IS TO DIE FOR! They also have their nachos and fire roasted salsa at Trail Estate Winery as a quick snack.
- If you are an East Coast lover like me – Garlic Fingers are a rare find in Ontario. These tasted just like they did when I was in school in Wolfville, NS. So nostalgic!
- If you are making a dinner at your “home for the weekend” – head over to Hagermans to pick up local county produce. I picked up fresh berries and biscuits! Totally delicious !
- Quick coffee to go while you walk the main strip in Picton; checking out the local shops.
- ONE WORD: OYSTERS! That’s all you have to know!
- Pretty Self Explanatory! A farmer’s Market with local produce. I got the hummus from Papa Ganoush & Mama Hummus.
- Located in Picton; they have everything produce and county made food that you want to get your hands on!
- A modern twist to your classic drive-in. This spot has upped their game during the pandemic and it is worth visiting! Comfort food done right.
- You must try their London fog and also they have ever little pastry imaginable. I ate 3 and refused to share. Hahah!
I stayed at the Twin Birch Cottages because we had my puppy Archie with us. We had a little cottage with lake front view and our own little deck with BBQ ! A fully loaded kitchen and much more. All you need is a weekend duffle filled with your clothes.
Here’s a list of other cool spots
NON ALCOHOLIC ACTIVITIES
If you are looking for non-alcoholic fun, I found a few spots that were quirky and so cool and that we truly enjoyed. Pack a cooler filled with snacks and explore the fun views and what PEC has to offer