- 4 cups kale leaves, washed and stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella
- ¼ cup fresh basil, julienne sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- dash of salt and pepper
How to make it
1. To a large bowl, combine kale leaves, garlic, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
2. Using your hands, massage oil onto kale leaves until the kale is thoroughly coated. Set aside.
3. To a small bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella and basil leaves.
4. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. With a spoon, stir caprese mixture together until the olive oil and vinegar are well distributed.
6. Before serving, add caprese topping to kale leaves and garnish with fresh basil and croutons if desired.
7. This salad will keep in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 days.