- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1/4 lemon juice
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 jalapeno
- 1/2 red onion, thinly diced
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the fish, lime juice and onion. Use enough juice to cover the fish and allow it to float freely; too little juice means unevenly “cooked” fish. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- . In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, green chiles, cilantro and optional olive oil.
- Stir in the fish and season with salt, usually about 1/2 teaspoon.
- Cover and refrigerate if not serving immediately. Just before serving, gently stir in the diced avocado.
- Serve with chips or on a tostada